Monday, March 9, 2009

My goodbyes

there are so many goodbyes to say..

Goodbye to 2008 yes.. i know that i m late in my faretheewells. However, it's always better late than never, right? Well, 2008 wasn't a year to shout about. i was seconded to JB in Jan-March. Visited the bf in July. my family bought a new house end year. Beyond that, it was a pretty uneventful year. Resolutions weren't kept and met. I am still in the same job. I still look the same. Think the same. Act the same. Then again, perhaps not.

and of course Goodbye to no.29. i miss no.29. I am not referring to the dust and the mess and the chaos but to the space, the familiarity and the memories there for the past 20 years. my childhood years. kindergarten, primary, secondary life. the 16th and 21st bday party and also the christmas parties held and so on and so forth.

i always knew i had to say Goodbye to my dear but knowing and saying goodbye doesn't seem to get any easier everytime we part. Neither does it spare me the sadness and the tears. Everything and wverywhere reminds me of you. When i watched a movie just now, it reminded me of you. When i went to Wah Sek Kai @ SS2 for dinner, it reminded me of you. Just looking at bolsty lying on my bed now, reminds me of you. And how i miss your smile. your hugs. your presence.

I guess it goes without saying that bidding goodbye seems to be a necessity and part and parcel of life.

With a goodbye comes a future "hello" and i hope i can say that "hello" to you sometime soon.

for now, I wish i could stop feeling miserable.. the hollow ache in my heart.. but it's hard and there's no one to turn to.

No comments: