Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Saturday at Laurent

Last Saturday, I was at Toorak Road and Jo suggested that I give Laurent, a premium coffee place, a try whilst waiting for a friend. It was pretty easy to find the place with my Sammie 2. Besides, I was just opposite the road when he gave the suggestion whilst I was talking to him on my phone.
For once, I decided to splurge a bit and indulge in a mocha latte and a Christine, the cake. Initially, the plan was just to have a cuppa to warm myself. You see, I forgot to wear my scarf and the wind was pretty strong, rendering my neck and the rest of my body COLD! So, I step into this quaint cafe. Ambiance wasn't very appealing though at the back with very little sitting about. Hence, I took a sit right at the front facing the street.

I didn't know what to order and only intended to have a cup of coffee but the attending barista tempted me with some recommendations. Cheeky fella. *hehe* Anyways, upon his recommendation, I gave Christine a try. It was good and worth it.

Total damage for the cup of mocha and cake is AUD12.50 which isn't so bad considering this is somewhat a higher end type of coffee cake shop. I only found out later on that in the Entertainment Book, there is an offer for buy 'a cake and coffee' and get 'a cake and coffee' free!

I shall drag Mr. C to Laurent another time. If not, a girl pal who may appreciate a little decadence more than Mr. C who can be a party pooper at times, restricting me from satiating my sweet tooth.

Besides, Laurent has a few other shops, one in the city on Little Collins Street and another in Wellington Parade.

Nice but a tad too sweet. Would have been perfect to have shared this with someone.

Laurent Bakery
16/279 Toorak Road, Melbourne
(03) 9824 1414

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off I would like to say fantastic blog!

I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.
I have had a hard time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are
usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
Any ideas or tips? Kudos!

Feel free to visit my website :: workouts to improve vertical jump