Saturday, March 10, 2012

Brother Baba Budan

Mid February, Mr. C and I decided to spend the day in the city.

We don't always go into city 'cos we live out in the suburbs where we can get everything and have no need to venture out of the suburb. Don't get me wrong. We love being in the city and surrounded by all the culture, people and cafes!

But it costs money to find decent parking, it costs money eating out and especially having a cuppa for two! Just going to the city via highways, we have to pay toll. Lol. Tolls here are different. There isn't a booth you have to go through. Basically, there is a big metal like overhead 'bridge' and when you go pass it, it automatically detects your tag and amount left to be deducted something like Malaysia's Smart tag.

On this lovely Saturday, after walking about city, we met up with YC who took us toBrother Baba Budan. If you've been in Melbourne long enough, you'd have heard of Seven Seeds (if you haven't, just click on the link... pretty interesting info)  and according to cyberspace, owners of Seven Seeds used to run St. Ali's till they sold it off in 2008 and moved to Carlton to start out Seven Seeds.

Brother Baba Budan is part of the Seven Seeds family but accessible for all IN the city area unless one doesn't mind trudging or tramming to Carlton. Place was quaint but small. Overhead hanging chairs were a different deco concept but I fail to comprehend its aesthetic value as I was paranoid, wondering when one would fall on me and crush my pretty skull. 

This place is probably able to house about 15 people at one go. There isn't much offered on the menu except desserts and such. People usually come here mainly for the good, if not excellent coffee.




Where awesome coffee is made...
Love the fact that water is generally offered here at most eateries... and for FREE!!

Whilst waiting for our drinks...

Couldn't help myself snapping away

Sunny Sun Flower and glasses



I love it when my coffee and mocha comes with patterns at the top of the froth! Contrary to popular belief,  not all coffees here in Australia come with patterns at the top. Only certain coffee places does it and not ALL baristas know how to do it. To do a pretty one like this requires skill and practice. 

I've read raving reviews about Brother Baba Budan about how awesome and great the coffee is. For me, I had the Mocha. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't mind blowing either. Not the best Mocha ever in Melbourne but it still tastes good. 

Would I go back there again? Yeah sure, if I was craving for coffee and if I was in the neighbourhood. If I go back there, I'd try the coffee this time. Then, I'll blog again and tell you if it really is as good as everyone says. ;p

Then again, Melbourne is forever teeming with lovely places offering coffee.
Brother Baba Budan on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic.
I really like what you have acquired here,
really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great site.

my web site bankruptcy florida