Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Meet up at Straits of Malacca

On Sunday, Mr. C and I met up with Nini and her fiance. It's been ages since we last met and I suggested Straits of Malacca in Glen Waverly. I went there with J & G last Thursday after our Phillip Island trip and I LOVED the food! It's pretty authentic and close to home food as in Malaysia home food!

No complains about the taste, that's for sure!


Nini ordered Yin Yong (approx AUD9) and was SUPER excited. She really loves loves loves this dish and claims that she has yet to find Yin Yong anywhere in Melbourne especially one that serves the crispy  noodles! She declares its yummy! Portion is good! And she was definitely satisfied!
 
Just like my first visit, I had the Nasi Pataya with Thai sauce fish fillet and spring rolls (approx AUD10). It was as good as the first time I had it. I love the tangy sweet and sour taste of the Thai Sauce offset by the simple tasting spring rolls. And the fried rice wrapped with egg had a nice burntish wok taste. Mr. C liked it and even Miss Cutesie and her fiance gave thumbs up.

Mr. C's seafood curry laksa wasn't anything fantastic worth raving. Portion was average and it tasted pretty bland, a bit like vegetarian curry. Even the colour of the laksa was a dull orange (duller than the picture). On our way to the cashier, we saw a more vibrant orange coloured, unfinished laksa left behind. Perhaps it was the chicken laksa and maybe, that one will taste better. 


Mr. C and I shared Cendol (AUD3.80) and it was slurpilicious. Forgot to take a picture though. Miss Cutesie ordered ABC and it arrived, looking good and tasted as good as it looked!

However, one bone to pick would be the looooooong queue. I think the waitresses probably needs to learn how to sort the table arrangements in order to seat customers more efficiently. Plus, the owners really need to keep the napkins etc at the back left somewhere else and utilise the spot for more tables and chairs or at least conceal the napkins and not leave it in the open. Rather sore looking.

Overall, we were pretty happy campers except Miss Cutesie's fiancé wasn't particularly fond of his own Nasi Lemak. He felt it was just so-so. All in all, it was satisfactory and we'll be back for more!
Straits of Malacca Malaysian (Glen Waverly) on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Nick said...

i'm hungry :(

goingkookies said...

Nick : haha... get something to nom nom! ;)

Rogersmxjd said...

Nick : haha... get something to nom nom! ;)

Anonymous said...

In the event you might e-mail me with a number of strategies on
just how you made your blog look this wonderful, I might be grateful.



My web-site :: having trouble conceiving

Anonymous said...

You made some decent points there. I looked on the web for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.


Feel free to visit my web blog - new cellulite treatment