Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something borrowed and cheating

Watched this on my Sammie 2 on the flight home from Malaysia. Some scenes just made me tear much to Mr. C's chagrin. He really can't bear to see me in tears. Not that he is embarrassed by me but that he can't stand to see me sad. Then again, I doubt he understand my tears.

The story is basically about Rachel (the brunette) who has always loved Dex from law school, whom she inadvertently introduced to her best friend, Darcy (blondie Kate Hudson) and now, after six years of being together, they are engaged to be married. 

What is sad is that it was obvious that Dex and Rachel had feelings for each other from day one but they both just never did expressed them. She, thinking how can a guy like him fall for a girl like her and him? God and him only knows what was going on in his mind.

And because he thought that she had no feelings for him, he moved on... to Darcy. After all, who can blame him? Darcy is vivacious and full of life. If you don't try, you'll never know what you might be missing out on... right? 

So, Dex and Darcy dates and progresses to the next step after six years - marriage. However, after Rachel's 30th 'surprised' birthday thrown by Darcy - despite knowing that Rachel doesn't like this kind of surprises - Rachel off handedly mentions her law school crush on Dex over drinks with just the two of them, leading to them getting involved (you know what I mean, I don't have to spell it out) and complicating things.

It's a messy thing to be in. Cheating on your best friend's fiancé? Even if that is the person you had dibs. Even if that person is the love of your life. Cheating on your fiancé's best friend? Even if she was the one you first loved but never had the courage to say anything. 

I won't tell you how that works out in the end but I am sure many of you have been in similar boats as this or know people who are or was in such situation. It confounds the mind what situations we put ourselves in, at times. Misery does love company and so, we sink into such depths.

But at the end of it all, does reality works out like in the movies? You tell me.

No comments: