Monday, September 13, 2010

Green Eyed Monster

Jealousy is a very ugly but powerful emotion. You can think all is right with the world and BANG, it creeps up on you and grasps you in its deadly grasp. This feeling, this emotion stems from a feeling of insecurity that one is never good enough or perhaps, envious of what others have that one lacks, usually when one is insecure.

It's funny how you can be secure in a relationship may it be family, friends or bf/gf and something small or insignificant can evoke this little green monster out of the blue and throws you off balance.

Despite the connotation that jealousy is a negative emotion, it can actually be good as long as it spurs one to perhaps study harder, work harder to achieve that very thing they are envious of.

It's been awhile since I felt jealousy when it comes to my boyfriend. But as he was talking about his friend and friend's friend, there it was- that ugly feeling. I find it strange that I even felt it at all. In the past, I was easily jealous as I was obviously insecure about a lot of things, suspicious of all men's intentions, constantly self-conscious coupled with my lack of exposure to realities of the world.

All I can say is, I don't like this feeling at all and I hope it doesn't make another appearance anytime soon. =p

2 comments:

nn said...

i was not a jealous person before but for some reasons, i've turned into a green eyed monster. i hate the feeling of jealousy. it's burdening me :(

goingkookies said...

When u get jealous.. it really does stem from feelings of insecurity.. i think it's sth u need to talk it with ur man...

tell him that u need affirmation when u feel jealous.. u need him to tell u.. show u.. remind u that he loves u and u only =)

and then again, u might also need to look into WHY u feel jealous in the first place...