Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Deep slumber

" To get all there is out of living, we must employ our time wisely, never being in too much of a hurry to stop and sip life, but never losing our sense of the enormous value of a minute."
Today, I woke up late. Really late. Late about past 2pm. I am not proud of it. Reading and completing my novel at 3am isn't an excuse either. Straight after I made breakfast for Mr. C and him tucking me back to bed, I slept. I slept and woke up and went back to bed. I kept waking up after 11am but somehow, I just made myself go right back to sleep. Why? I don't know.

It's as if life has not much meaning. Not much purpose. People would kill to be able to have such luxury - abundant time at their disposal and what am I doing with it? Wasting it away.

I always complain I don't have time to do things and now, with time, I squander it away. It's rather despicable in away though not the kind where you dig your nose in public or rape someone kind of despicable.

Somehow, having so much time at hand, even reading blogs after blogs or watching show or reading wedding related matters, time just passes by without anything of substance to account for.

It's time to put thoughts into actions. To stop wasting time and taking it forgranted and do something meaningful with it! After all, time and tide waits for no man and time passed by cannot be regain nor relived.

Tomorrow, after Mr. C leaves for work. I must not go back to bed! I should first start my day by coming up with my to-do-list once again and aim to at least complete three tasks!

Every time I fall as in fail to complete the tasks, I'll just pick myself up again and try to complete them. No point for regrets 'cos to do so would only be wasting time once again regretting something that cannot be changed.

And although it might seem that I am bumming or wasting time to some people, I at least have time off from the rat race and that is something most people would wish to have.

Life is never easy, never perfect but that doesn't mean we just moan and groan about things, it just means we should make the best of the situation and always do and give our very best. And at the end of the day, that is all God ever asks of us. He will never give us more than we can handle.

No comments: