Thursday, May 21, 2009

Selfishness

"There are two kinds of egoists: those who admit it and the rest of us."
-Dr Lawrence J. Peter

I cannot fathom how some people can just be so horridly selfish and self centered, thinking of oneself and not others. IF there is a bigger portion, that's the part they'll grab. IF it's a nicer thing, they'll claim dibs on that. If it's a better deal, they'll take it with no regards for other people. They want this and that but they don't take care and maintain that very thing they wanted in the first place. They don't know the very meaning of sacrifice although they delude themselves thinking that they to.

How can I tell you? You'll just turn a deaf ear on me. Do you know that your very actions hurt me? Do you care that you hurt me? How can you expect me to turn my feelings off and on to suit your purposes? When you're happy, you expect me to be just as happy and nice to you back. When you're unhappy maybe as a result of a tiff or an argument with someone else, you take it out on me. Do i look like a punching bag to you??!! Please. Walk your talk and practice what you preach. Even if you don't believe in karma, karma's a bitch and it basically means "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you."

Yes, it's true. We are all very emotional beings, always going by our feelings. I, do too! But you can't ALWAYS be following your own feelings and thinking of yourself. When are you going to start caring for others especially those that means most to you? Rising above is especially when you DON'T feel like it but you still DO it.

What's the point of preaching when you don't live by the very things you preach? You tell me not to justify my very actions. Well, so should you.

"If all the people in this world, in which we live, were as selfish as a few of the people in this world, in which we live, there would be no world in which to live."
-W. L. Orme

No comments: