Thursday, December 9, 2010

The mothership

Mummy dearest, without you, there would be no me.
Without your love, attention and guidance,
plus all the scolding and the nagging,
I wouldn't be where I am today.

I wouldn't have gotten this far,
with my short sightedness.
I wouldn't have lasted that long in my audit job,
nor would I have my degree and CPA to boot!

You always teach me not to follow my feelings blindly,
to not be so emotional and most importantly, to trust in God.
You taught me how to live life,
and how to learn, forgive and let go.

I am sorry for complaining, for whining,
that you didn't understand,
for thinking that you didn't care,
when I was going through was hell.

Sorry for the times when I rebel,
When I choose to do things my way
but know that,
your teachings and words of wisdom,
I hold them closely to my heart.

And for all the smacks and spanks,
I appreciate and thank you,
For all the tears and heartache I've caused,
I am sorry.

Today is yet another day that I have you,
Another day I get to acknowledge,
all that you've sacrificed
and done for me.

I love you mummy dearest,
from the bottom of my heart.
Happy Birthday
and may it be as special as you are.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: