Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dinner at Vary Pasta, DJ.

MY LIFE: Sis says that my mother will be scandalised if my bf doesn't go to Church tomorrow. Hehe. So, it's "Hi future little protestants!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister and I have not been out for dinner together in a loooong while. So, today, I made it a point to have it with her seeing that my brother was a lazy bum and refused to wake up and join us.

Oh well. His lost. =p

Anyway, we decided to head over to Vary Pasta at Damasara Jaya which is behind Coffee Connection. The shop isn't situated inside Atria but it's at the outside shops nearer to the KFC side. The shop was rather empty.

Waitaminute.

It was! We were the only patrons.


My sister in anticipation of the food we ordered..

The ambiance.

Simple layout but cosy and quaint.

Potato crepe

It was something different. Tastes like Potato Rossetti. There was sauteed mushrooms sandwiched inside the potato spread.

Mixed Grill

My sister's Mixed Grill consisting of lamb, chicken, pork, sausages, fries and side salad. The dish also comes with seafood- prawns and mussels but we requested to swap it with more lamb! Yummy. The fries were tasty too! Not the usual soggy ones or over fried or too dry-ish.

Fettuccine Carbonara with pork bacon

There was Fettuccine Carbonara with Shrimp but the pork bacon got my attention as most places usually serve beef bacon in Malaysia. In fact, I never realised that bacon is supposed to be pork but due to the fact that Malays can't have pork, bacon in Malaysia has been substituted with BEEF! Which can pose a problem at times for those who DON'T eat beef as it's against their religion such as some Buddhist and Hindus!

Moving on, for drinks, I had the Orange Juice whilst my sister had Apple Juice. For once, the juices weren't diluted nor too sweet! In fact, I was surprise that my sister ordered the Apple Juice as she usually doesn't drink juices!

Fooling around with makro shot.

About7pm, people started trickling into the shop. The ladies at the table next to ours ordered Bruschetta and it looked really huge and yummy. Perhaps, next time, we'll give that a go. We definitely will come back again.

And there were no tax charges!!

Posted by Picasa
Location:
Damansara Jaya
Address:
No.21 Jalan SS22/23 Damansara Jaya
Telephone:

03-77106100


2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

no tax charges?
maybe included edy =P

kenwooi.com

goingkookies said...

haha.. none!!

well, the fettuccine was onyl RM11.50 wor.. and that's cheaper than other places!!

and the mixed gave 1 chicken slice, 1 pork slice and 4-5 lamb slices with fries and side salad!!

quite reasonable lor..