Friday, September 25, 2009

Thankful Thursdays #1 Gill

You know how friends come and go in our lives?

As we progress in life, as we grow up to be young, mature adults to old, senile and cranky folks, we meet many people from ALL walks of life. We have friends from our primary school, from our high school up til college, university and even at the work place and through other social activities.

Some friendships last a lifetime. Some, a short span. Some, albeit short, can still be meaningful and touches the very core of our life. Some friends, you just clicked instantaneously. Some, you're there as a friend even if sometimes you feel used or you feel that the courtesy is not returned in kind. After all, that's what friends are for, right?

A friend in need, is a friend in deed.


We get friends who go the extra mile, friends who are there for you through thick and thin and even friends who pisses you off and annoy the crap out of you and yet you still have moments together.

For me, I just want to thank this very, very good friend....

- for helping me to take lecture notes when I skipped classes.

- for being there for me when my bf left for studies abroad.

- for being the very first to surprise me with a cake!! or rather a slice of cake on my birthday in 2006 whilst I was burning the midnight oil for my CPA studies.

- for being my yam cha buddy and my shopping kaki throughout these couple of years.

- for being my ranting buddy about work, friends, people and everything in general.

- for being my badminton kaki.

- for helping me pull myself out of my depression (even if she may not have known it) through our hanging out sessions.

- for just taking me out when I am down, upset, emotional.

I would say that it was a blessing in disguise that we never joined the others to go to Curtin, Perth to further our studies. If we had gone or if I had gone or if you had gone, I would never have HAD this opportunity to hang out with you and get to know you better!

You, who have come to mean a lot to me. Thanks for being there and for being my friend.

Posted by Picasa


No comments: