Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back Up Plan

Pic taken from HERE.

On Tuesday, Mr. C, his colleagues and I went to watch "Back Up Plan" starring Jeniffer Lopez. In all honesty, despite me being a romance movie maniac, I would have much preferred to watch Ironman2 or Robin Hood or some action packed movie for a change.

Ever since getting here, I feel as if I am missing out on all the yummy movies. I haven't even watched Ipman2! Back home, I would probably be out catching all the new movies. Bummer.

The movie started out a little bit slow showing Jeniffer Lopez- "Zoe" being inseminated and hoping to get pregnant after being tired of waiting for Mr. Right to come along. Leaving the doctor's and headed to work, she hailed a cab and got into it. At the same time, this other guy got into the cab and the rest they say is history.

I think she looks really gorgeous in this dress. If I could even just pull this off and wear it for my registration, I would be a happy woman. =) She has really slimmed down a fair bit for this movie. I remember having more curves in the past. And this is her after giving birth to her kiddos, she doesn't look an inch of it!
Pic taken from HERE.


Basically, her having her own baby was her back up plan and then this guy comes along and messes that plan up. Tell me when does a guy NEVER messes things up?! The movie shows how they got together to the giving birth bit and of course, a happy ever after ending. Or so it insinuates at the ending.

I think it is really endearing of the guy to stick by her despite it NOT being his baby and what more to say two bundles of supposed joy. I rate it a 6.5/10 though as it was a much predictable movie with no surprises nor twists.

Instead, I recommend you guys to rent "While you were sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman. I laughed and teared watching that show. It also leaves you going "awwwww". And because of movies like this and "The Proposal", "Two weeks notice" and "Miss Congeniality", Sandra Bullock holds a special spot in my heart.

Lines like this will make you go awwww.. (you've got to watch the show to appreciate it though)

Peter once asked me when I fell in love with Jack. And I told him, "It was while you were sleeping."

4 comments:

ohmywtf said...

always hesitated about JLO movies....after tat disaster ones with Ben Affleck

goingkookies said...

HAHA..somehow she seems too sweet in a fake sort of way.. but she really looks good in this show.

acting.. hmmm.. has improved but still cannot be compared to say... sandra bullock.. or julia roberts.

haha i didn't watch that one with ben affleck though.

Lisa717 said...

I'm so gonna watch this!!!! Can't wait to see J.LO on the screen again!!! *shake ya bum bum x2*

goingkookies said...

lisa717: HI!!! long time no hear from u. hope all is well. haha. well if u re a JLo fan, then u'll definitely enjoy this. it's one of her better movies.

I liked her Wedding planner. Then again, maybe it's cost I like Matthew McCounaughey