Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life and Love

I read the below off someone's blog over HERE and just had to blog about it.

Picture taken from HERE.

If you are going to fall in love with me, it’s only fair that you know what you are falling in love with.

You are falling in love with my insecurities, and my obsession with trying to figure out what everyone thinks of me. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, my overactive tear ducts, my tendency to be too clingy. You fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my self-hate and all my imperfections and my perception that nobody could ever love me.

But, you are also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I’m with you, the way I’ll text you in the mornings just telling you I hope you have a great day. You’re falling in love with the occasionally humorous and/or thought-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about you. But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite my thinking that it is impossible.

The above is just sooo sweet and has some sense of truth.

I think in this so-called-modern world where one is deemed conservative and not open if one does not smoke like a chimney nor drink like a fish nor swear like a drunken sailor. But I think sometimes, being a little bit conservative with that child-likeness is alright. We need to preserve what little innocence we have left. That is to say if there is any left.

People are losing their innocence too young and too fast and I am not just talking about popping one's cherry. Children grow up too fast wanting to emulate their idols ie celebrities who take drugs, sleep around, smoke and basically seem to have it all and yet none at all.

Gossips and scandals plague them. Some crave them and some shun them. Majority are so insecure of their looks that they resort to plastic surgery. I mean, looks are one thing but I guess how one looks nowadays trump inner beauty anytime.

Seriously if your guy thinks you have small boobs or think that they are NOT big enough ones and wants you to have some kind of plastic surgery, dump him. Chances are if you don't, he'll always find something about you he doesn't like.

OR if a guy keeps wanting to explore you and take it to a whole new level when you're not ready. Tell him NO and ask him to bugger off if he doesn't pay heed to it. Don't let him do what YOU don't want to do. Cos chances are you'll regret it somewhere along the path between present and into the future. And no one is confirmed a "forever" despite what you think and feel even after you're married. What may feel right at the moment might feel foolish later on which is probably 80% of the time.

And guys, DON'T let a girl use you. EVER. Don't be foolish and don't be blinded by your hopes of winning her heart, you buy the moon and the stars for her. Get the subtle hints and move on. Girls should never use a guys affections and attractions to attain material things. It happens often enough and yet guys are more than happy to accommodate.

I am fortunate to have Mr. Bf- my first and only boyfriend in some ways. He may not be a romantic at heart nor a charmer but he is definitely loving and caring and that should suffice. 10 years of togetherness. 10 years of ups and downs. 10 years of tears, frustrations and drama that were also filled with happy, tender loving moments.

Love isn't just a feeling. It is so much more than that. It is all about making a commitment to that other person, saying "I love you" and putting it into actions even if you don't feel like it. Especially when you don't feel like it.

It's not what you see in the movies. The so-called happy endings and short term happiness which are mostly lust and superficial attractions. I think, relationships are 80% hardships to attain that 20% happiness. What might work for one couple does not necessarily work for another.

Love is accepting the other person irregardless of anything and everything and giving your 100%. Your all.

4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

wow.. it's rare to see someone writes about love based on both perspectives (men and women).. interesting..

yeah, for men, dont let a girl ever use you.. i've experienced that before.. =)

goingkookies said...

HAHA.. well, i plan to write a whole lot more ont his topic and perhaps a little on my own experience though it's only with one bf =p


i ve heard of girls using guys n vice versa and it really stinks! I don't know how ppl can do that n sleep at night.

Classic NYer said...

i ve heard of girls using guys n vice versa and it really stinks! I don't know how ppl can do that n sleep at night.

with pills, i'm sure.

goingkookies said...

Classi NYer: Either that or they just dun have a heart.