Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shopping with the aunt at Coles, The Barracks

The other day I went to Coles (it's like Giant or Tesco or Carrefour in Malaysia) with my aunt at the Barracks as my cousin works there. We dropped by to say hi to her.

I found this super amusing as my aunt bought the below for her two tiny, scruffy dogs- Princess and Nikki. I took a picture as I just had to email my mother to let her know how my aunt pampers her two old dogs.

VEAL STEAKS!!

For those who don't know, veal are meat produced from a calf or a young beef animal. A calf is a young bovine that has not reached puberty. The reason my aunt decided to pamper her dogs are that they are rather old and besides, Coles was having specials on these steaks.

It usually costs approximately AUD21 per kg but it so happens, this meat is BEST BEFORE 9 May 2010 and hence, it is sold cheaper as it is not so fresh.

So, from AUD12.68, it was being sold at AUD4.30.

After the meat section, my aunt was craving for frozen peas. We were at that section for more than 10minutes and close to 20minutes, if not more! She was looking for a combination of Corns, Peas and Carrots. And it had to be McCain's and no other brand.

So, I assisted her in hunting for that combination. From left to the right and from up to down.

There were many combination...

Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and beans.

to Peas and Corn..

Beans, Carrots and Peas...

Peas and Corn BUT without Carrots.

Finally! McCain and the right combination BUT it was 2 kg!
She wanted 1 kg or less *faint*


I gave up!

I just walked around and had a look at other stuff whilst she pored over packs. In the end, she bought the one that was Peas, Corn and Beans. Basically, she just wanted carrot for the colouring.

*Double faints*

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ohmywtf said...

lol..ur aunty's doggies very lucky wor :-P

goingkookies said...

haha.. super!

Kelvin said...

Those doggies life is better than mine haha XD