Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book Review : Dear John

I read this book "Dear John" before I came to Brissie. It is written by Nicholas Sparks whereby many of his novels were adapted into movies. Famous movies in fact such as "A walk to remember" starring Mandy Moore and "The Notebook" that starred Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.

It took me awhile to finish Dear John. It wasn't cause it was uninteresting and not a page turner but more so that the whole tone of the book was just sad even up to the end.

And if you really knew me, you would know by now that I loooove happy ending books and movies. I dislike sad endings mainly cause I feel that's how it is in real life. It's what I would call- reality. Not many people get to attain the fairytale happily ever after romance we often see in the movies.



Hence, I am hesitating if I should watch this movie. After all, I know how it's going to end. Then again, they have Channing Tatum as the main actor. And if you've read my blog, you would know what I think of him. Definitely droolworthy material. He also acted in Step Up 1 and 2, just in case you were wondering as to why he looks familar.

The movie however has a different ending to the book. It is a happy ending version. So, who knows, I might just catch it after all. And that will be after watching Ipman2, Ironman2, Letters to Juliet, Robin Hood and OMG... I wonder if I'll even have the time to catch them all or even any.

Stay tune for movie and book reviews.

No comments: