Saturday, January 14, 2012

RECIPE : Chocolate Chip Cookies

Still felt a little blue today. Despite being out in the brrr but sunny day at Prahran with Mr. C, after dinner, I decided to do some baking. After all, am meeting Aunty S tomorrow and it wouldn't be polite to appear empty handed. Mr. C has his own nick name for her but I think he'll have me decapitated if I were to spill the beans here. Cute me or not.

I wanted to make Sugi cake with the recipe mum has passed down to me but if I did that, it'll leave me with only one egg in the fridge! Hence, choco chip it is! Raided my baking cupboard to see if I had the necessary ingredients and I did!

This Cadbury Baking Chips really come in handy! Not only are the chips delicious to eat, as is, there is a recipe at the back with easy-to-follow instructions on how to bake Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yum! I've followed it a couple of times and it really is that easy to follow. The end result does not disappoint either with fatteningly yum cookies which I occasionally dunk in my milk tea!

RECIPE as written at the back:
Makes 30
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes

Ingredients
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 and 1/2 cup self raising flour (this is pronounce as 'flower' here in Aussie)
- 3/4 cup Cadbury Milk Chocolate Chips

Method
1) Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
2) Whisk in the vanilla essence and egg.
3) Stir in the sifted flour and then fold through Cadbury Milk Chocolate Chips.
4) Place teaspoonful of mixture on greased baking trays and bake in moderately slow oven 160 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes.
5) Cool on a wire rack.
The original cookies
For my first batch, I followed the recipe to the very T. Second batch, I added in some peanut butter on top of the choco chips with the last batch having peanut butter AND Nutella. I know... sinful right?! Just felt like tweaking and trying different ingredients. ;)

When I stirred and fold in the flour, the mixture wasn't in one form. Instead, it looked like bread crumbs! Had me panicky for a moment wondering if that was how it looked the last few times I did it. I know, forgetful aren't I. Anyhow, I managed to mixed them into one lump of mixture and started spooning them onto baking paper.

NOTE : Don't forget to pre-heat the oven for at least 10minutes before putting in the mixtures!

Top one : Choco chips + Peanut Butter + Nutella
Bottom : without the Nutella
End result, loved the original batch with just the choco chips. This time round, the ones with the peanut butter and Nutella was alright but somehow, it felt like too much was going on. Mr. C said he couldn't really taste the Nutella flavour. Although he liked the peanut butter one, he still favoured the original just choco chip cookie. Likewise.

Even the original one looked better and more presentable with the choco chips standing out and proud! Funnily enough, the package said that this recipe makes 30 pieces but I managed to churn out 80 pieces! And mind you, it wasn't baby sized cookies either! Bigger than the Australian 50cents coin and that's not tiny nor small!

If you don't have Cadbury's Baking Chips where you're at, fret not, any ordinary chocolate chips will do just fine.

Just trying out different angles and style to showcase the decadent cookies. Mr. C who was watching soccer on tivo in the family room next door must have heard me munching away 'cos he asked how many pieces I tucked into my flabby tummy. LOLs.

Less than two hours of preparation, baking and cleaning up! If you're more efficient with a bigger oven, you can definitely finish it in one hour. So, what are you waiting for?

Try it out!!

Chocolate chip cookies, at the reach of your finger tips! ;)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: