I read this on FB the other day and I must say, it is good to be back on FB... and I love reading all these quotes and wise words! Now, time to put them into action!
1. Accept the things you can't change. If you can and want to change them, do it. This is one tough one for me 'cos I constantly struggle with letting go.
2. Let go of the people who are holding you down. If you considered them, you already know who these people are. Sad isn't it to have to cut one's losses, at times.
3. Blast your favorite upbeat song and sing at the top of your lungs, dancing as you go. Oooh... definitely love doing this one!! In the comfort and privacy of my own home! ;p
4. Go for a run. A nice, long run. Run until you feel good; at the very least, you'll be tired enough that the feelings will seem less major. This one definitely works. We generally feel happier after 'exercising' as happy hormones are released into our system post work out! So, back to running again...
5. Call someone you love, Just hearing their voice can make your day better. More of a texting person than calling although I love talking. Strange isn't it? But God has been bringing friends and family into my life 'cos they seem to be calling me off and on this past week! ;) And yes, after talking to them, my spirits ARE lifted!
6. Smile at a stranger. It will make both of you smile. Haha.. Hope the stranger doesn't think me a strange looney bin for smiling at him/her or coming on to them! Shall endeavour to remember this and do it even when I don't feel like it!
7. Send an anonymous compliment. HOW on earth does on do this?? Ooooh.. got an idea! Post them a card!!
8. Write down everything you don't like about yourself. Rip it up. Burn it. Definitely LOVING this idea and want to do it!! Now, to get busy writing the list... it's going to be a looooong one.
9. Watch your favorite movie. Craps! I don't have a particular favourite one. Do you?! Maybe you can recommend it to me!
10. Realize that you are your own biggest critic. People do not see the faults in yourself that you do. So realize that they are not faults, not imperfections. They make you, you. I definitely am my worst critic as I've said many a times. Now, I know about the above, after all Mr. C is forever trying to convince me that I am fine just the way I am. Question is, how do I embrace it and believe it as so?!