Friday, June 18, 2010

Ginger Factory at Yandina

Last Wednesday, it was Mr. C's day off and we went to several places in Sunshine Coast as previously blogged. We went to (you can click on the links below to refer to the respective posts)...

- The Big Pineapple at Woombye, just off Nambour.

- Eumundi Market.

- Main Beach at Noosa Heads.

After walking along the beautiful beach at Noosa Heads. Mr. C and I made our way to Glass House Mountains. He drove while I took pictures. I used to be more reserved and shy and would definitely NOT upload any pictures of myself.

But eventually, I learn to take slightly better pictures and play around with angles. If you see one good picture of me, it's only because I probably took 101 other bad pictures and just that particular one good picture. It is still a learning process though and I have heaps more to learn.

As usual, am trying out taking pictures from different angles.

Google Maps on Iphone is super handy in locating one's next destination.

I simply love taking pictures of skies and powerlines.

And Queensland is after all known as the Sunshine State.
Hence, enabling beautiful moments to be captured.

The thing with this journey is a straight road that seems to go on forever.

and ever... but seeing some cows does add a change to the scenery.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any black patched cows that always appears in milk adverts.

Long journeys always reminds me of Donkey in Shrek and his "Are we there yet??".

When we saw this sign, we decided to detour to The Ginger Factory,
seeing that it's on the way somewhat.

I didn't see any ginger bread man in the shop though.

Waitaminute. There you go. Mr. C aka Mr. Ginger man.

Ever the corny person that I am, here's a corny pose of me.

Map of the inside of the place.

This is what I saw in The Ginger Factory- plants after plants!

and a stationary train that takes you on tour of the place but you have to pay to for it!

I have no idea what's inside this cottage and the one below, thanks to Mr. C who was ushering us to leave as he was worried we wouldn't make it to Glass House Mountain before sun set. This is a similar experience with The Big Pineapple- there isn't really anything much to see unless you go for the tour. Admission is free but for everything else ie tours, it's not.


Where are you hiding Mr. Ginger Bread Man??!!


And what else would you expect... all products made with and from GINGER!!

Mr. C enjoying another ginger ale despite consuming a bottle of it at the Eumundi Market.

We were only at The Ginger Factory for about 15minutes or so. It really wasn't worth the detour unless you actually come earlier for the tours or decide to just hang out there to chill with some friends at the cafe.

Besides, we were in a rush to go to Glass House Mountain to check out the scenic lookout. Mr. C already gave up any hope of reaching there before sunset but I said that we wouldnt know unless we try because we were not sure of the exact distance and how long it would take us.

THE GINGER FACTORY
OPEN 7 DAYS 9AM - 5PM (CLOSED CHRISTMAS DAY)
50 Pioneer Road, Yandina, Sunshine Coast Queensland, 4561

Just 90 minutes north of Brisbane. Follow the Bruce Highway (M1) to the Yandina/Coolum exit and follow the signs.

Stay tune to find out if we made it up before sunset!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TOLANIC said...

I don't like gingerbread =(

goingkookies said...

I am not exactly a fan of anything ginger either =p

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

Also visit my blog; crash diets that work