Monday, June 28, 2010

Shakers and Blowers makes Buzzing Vuvuzelas

Ever since the FIFA Worldcup 2010 started on the 11th of June, Mr. C and I have been tuning in to SBS for the daily matches together with the Korean housemates. When Mr. C and I watch the football matches initially, we wondered what cursed frog or buzzing insect that kept going on and on, making such a ruckus that you feel like whacking it to shut it up.

And then, I read on plurk, whereby Yatz commented something about the vuvuzelas. And Mr. C later on informed me that it was the vuvuzelas emitting the annoying noise and that there it was causing a kerfuffle in the football world. Many called for the ban on the plastic so-called-musical instrument that was DRIVING everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, insane! That is, if you watch the match.

Even the football players were playing so badly in their first few matches due to distraction from the noisy vuvuzelas. Although many were calling for a ban on the vuvuzela, the plastic trumpet that produces a loud, annoying blowing horn sound but I guess you can't really dictate a hosting nation to do something just because it annoys everyone else. =p

Many people in the blogging world even blogged about it irking them to bits- MKL and Jess from Extractions of a disorientated mind. Even a Vuvuzela hater’ was arrested for threatening to chop off neighbors’ heads.

Even Hitler hates the Vuvuzela!!



But I think it just takes a little getting used to. Now, it doesn't bug us so much. A lot of people are also adapting to the sound, saying that it makes one vuve-zealous over the matches as reported HERE.

Even my crazy boyfriend has resorted to downloading the vuvuzela application onto his Iphone. Don't ask why 'cos I don't know the answer. =p

Even my crazy boyfriend has resorted to downloading the vuvuzela application onto his Iphone. Don't ask why 'cos I don't know the answer. =p

After downloading the application, you can blow it and the horn blares...

Kidding!! You can't blow it. You shake it and the annoying sound goes off.

Poor guy. I made him blow at his Iphone a few times for a few shot.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

if i owned an iPhone, i'll surely get this app =P

goingkookies said...

haha.. and everyone would scream OHNO!!