Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gloomy day

Today has really been a blue day for me, just like the picture above which was taken yesterday from inside the room. Since we came back, it's been gloomy, all drizzle and dark skies. Ironically, the sun is shining brightly today, for once but here I am feeling blue.

Walking in Carindale mall let to my melancholy state. Seeing mothers walk with daughters, girls shopping with their friends, couples linking hands on top of browsing through the hundred and one things I want but can't buy.

If that wasn't bad enough, a freakishly tall couple were strolling in front of me, magnifying my dwarf likeness. Fine. I am not that short comparing among Asians but I am considered so in this land of the Roos.

It's not as as if I have anything against whites/Aussies like I do against a certain race back home. In fact, majority of Aussies are courteous and ever friendly, or maybe it's just Queenslanders. =p Much to my shame, Asians really do earn their well deserved reputation of being rude and discourteousness, perhaps it stems from part of the culture.

Despite that, amidst the sea of blondes, brunettes, red heads and what nots, any sight of fellow yellow skin is a welcome sight. For now, I am homesick. Homesick for my family and friends.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: