Sunday, October 31, 2010

Twilight Vanilla

Picture taken from HERE.

"Waist-deep in thought because
When I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone, I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
I'll think of you tonight"

Owl City's Vanilla Twilight played on in the background as I read Katie MacAlister's 'Up In Smoke' at the mall whilst waiting for Mr. C to be done with his shift, an overwhelming sense of nostalgia and homesickness just hit me and for a moment, just a teensy moment in a space of a few seconds, I felt extremely sad.

I don't know why and where it came from but it brought a certain someone to mind. Just like that, out of thin air. I thought I was over this- a trip down to that particular memory lane- and am moving on. Ironically, thinking of you amplifies the loneliness.

Now, a thousand and one thoughts assault my mind over and over without giving me a moment of respite. I can't help but feel like I am making a mistake. A mistake of sorts.

And I can't help but wonder where did any of those thoughts popped out from.

No comments: