Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sushi Zanmai @ 1Utama

It's been awhile since I blogged about Malaysia. The land of corrupted policemen brimming with infestation of petty crime such as snatch theft, bold break ins and what not. Whatever it is, it is still the place I call home.

Early in the year when my cousins from Australia were in Malaysia, before one of them went back to Melbourne, we went to Sushi Zanmai at 1Utama Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya, seeing how he LOVES Japanese food.

I've always had my reservations about Sunshi Zanmai- the price and the absurdly long queue. When we reached there, there was already a looooong queue but seeing that my other cousin is somewhat handicapped and uses a walker to get about, we were let in to our tables somewhat fast.


What is Japanese food without Hot Ocha!

A must have at Jap restaurants- soft shell crab!

However, the one's here weren't that great. The sushi didn't look fresh and the soft shell crab was more soggy than crisp. I miss the one in Johor Bahru at Pelangi Mall.

My tuna maki!

My must-have sushi at Japanese restaurants and because of this, MsJuice's says I don't eat real sushi. To her, real sushi are those salmon, other raw fish, pickles kind.

Cawan mushi


Fare-thee-well Jo Schmo!




Basically, my brother, cousin and I shared a few sushis and don. Can't remember the names as this was sooo many months ago food outing. I still stand by that it wasn't that great IMHO. Besides, it's really hot over there. Perhaps too many bright lights/lamps. I wouldn't recommend people to go there- if they are in a rush or if it's peak time.

My cousin's fish that my fatty me was trying to show how it's so tiny and not worth it for the price you pay! Or at least, I think that was what I was trying to say when my brother took this super unflattering picture of me!

My other cousin's call for desert- ice cream in wafer. Usually one can't go very wrong with desserts but guess I was wrong.

I still don't like the food at Sushi Zanmai and I don't see a reason for the loooong queue. SERIOUSLY. Anyone care to enlighten me??!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jfook said...

I love Sushi Zanmai!

goingkookies said...

WHY??!! =p

Erika Toh said...

I love food! Especially japanese food~ *Drool* XD

Henry Lee said...

someday i must really go try it out! :)